Thursday, November 18, 2010

Frank Neil Jackson, my dad's dad, passed away on Thursday November 4, 2011. Kyla and I visited him a few weeks before his passing to introduce him to his first great grandchild. Needless to say, he was all smiles and ready to get a photo with his hand on Kyla's belly. Ky asked him what he thought it would be, a boy or a girl, "a boy" he said. Simple as that.

Jed and I visited him again on the Saturday the 30th of October. He had gone down hill quite a bit in those three weeks and was now slightly disoriented and extremely tired. We stayed for a while and then decided to grab some lunch with my aunt. I kissed him on the head and Jed put out his hand to say goodbye. Grampa shook his hand and groaned as if Jed's grip was unbearable. Then he stopped, looked up and gave him the biggest toothless grin on can imagine. Later Jed told me that that moment to Jed meant that Grampa approved. Which is completely correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment